- Email ,
Publications and Presentations
- Walton-Roberts, M.; Runnels, V.; Irudaya Rajan, S.; Sood, A., Nair, S.; Thomas, P., Packer, C., MacKenzie, A., Tomblin Murphy, G., Labonté, R. & Bourgeault, I.L. (2017) Causes, consequences, and policy responses to the migration of health workers: key findings from India. Human Resources for Health15:28 DOI 10.1186/s12960-017-0199-y
- Castro-Palaganas, E., Spitzer, D.L., Kabamalan, M.M.M., Sanchez, M.C., Caricativo, R., Runnels, V., Labonté, R., Tomblin Murphy, G., & Bourgeault, I.L. (2017) An examination of the causes, consequences, and policy responses to the migration of highly trained health personnel from the Philippines: the high cost of living/leaving – a mixed method study. Human Resources for Health. 15:25 DOI 10.1186/s12960-017-0198-z
- Bourgeault, I.L.; Labonté, R.; Packer, C.; Runnels, V. and Tomblin Murphy, G. (2016) Knowledge and potential impact of the WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel: Does it matter for source and destination country stakeholders. Human Resources for Health. 14 (Suppl 1): 25. DOI: 10.1186/s12960-016-0128-5
- Labonté, R., Sanders, D.; Mathole, T.; Crush, J.; Chikanda, A.; Dambisya, Y.; Runnels, V.; Packer, C.; MacKenzie, A.; Tomblin Murphy, G. and Bourgeault, I.L. (2015) Health worker migration from South Africa: causes, consequences and policy responses. Human Resources for Health. 13, 92. (e1-e16) DOI 10.1186/s12960-015-0093-4
- Runnels, V, (2013) Bourgeault, I., Rolfe, D. (2013) Resource Manual on Qualitative Research. University of Ottawa: Population Health Improvement Research Network.
- Forthcoming book: December 2017. Bourgeault, I.L.; Labonté, R.; Packer, C.; Runnels, V. (eds) Population Health in Canada: Issues, Research, and Action. Toronto: Publisher: Canadian Scholars Press Inc.
- Forthcoming chapter : December 2017 Bourgeault, I.; Runnels, V.; Rolfe, D. An Overview of Qualitative Methods and Design: Tools and Resources for Population Health Research. Chapter 3 in Bourgeault, I.L.; Labonté, R.; Packer, C.; Runnels, V. (eds) Population Health in Canada: Issues, Research, and Action.. Toronto: Publisher: Canadian Scholars Press Inc.
- Government Reports:
Work in Progress/Under Review:
- Runnels, V; Bourgeault, I (presenter); Labonté, R. and Packer, C. (2015) Recurrent themes in research on the international migration of health workers. (Session 1 Panel II: Professions, Exclusions and Global Labour Markets) ISA Interim Meeting 2015: Professions, Bonds and Boundaries” ISA Interim meeting 2015 “professions, bonds and boundaries”. Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore - Milano, Italy. 19th – 21st March 2015.
- Labonté, R. (presenter); Runnels, V.; Packer, C.; Crooks, V.; Bourgeault, I.L.; Snyder, J. (2015) Moving targets? The health equity challenges of health worker migration and patients without borders. Oral presentation. World Federation of Public Health Associations, 14th World Congress on Public Health “Healthy People- Healthy Environment.” Kolkata, India. February 11, 2015 – 15th February, 2015.
- Runnels, V.; Bourgeault, I.L. (2014) A tool for analyzing and planning for sex/gender in research on the international migration of health workers (T3-3) Oral presentation (roundtable) Canadian Health Workforce Conference Fairmont Château Laurier in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. October 21st-22nd 2014.
- Runnels, V.; Thomas, P.; Walton-Roberts, M.; Bourgeault, I.; Labonté, R. (2014) International migration of Indian Nurses – Findings from the literature and key informant interviews. Poster presentation. 8TH Annual Partners in Education & Integration of IENs Conference. May 1-May 2, 2014, Yorkdale, Toronto, Ontario. Canada.